Monday, August 3, 2009

my birthday

Since I said what I wanted for my birthday, I thought maybe I should share what I did on my birthday... a little late, but that's the way my blogging goes (especially in the summer when I'm running around everywhere). So I slept in a bit (didn't get up at 5 am like I have been to work out at the gym-loving taking classes, but hating getting up that early) then I got up and got ready...of course running slow, but made it out to my friend Lindsey's and left Aiden with her kids and we took off. That's right, I escaped children for a breif time...it was so relaxing... well, aside from constantly looking over my shoulder because I felt it was too quiet and I had somehow lost track of kids. Then we went to one of my favorite interior design stores and just browsed. No worries of children knocking over or breaking anything. Serenity and Silence. Then we went out to lunch. Another satisfyingly relaxing experience. No constant chasing or entertaining or shoveling food down my throat so that the second they are bored/start acting up, I can leave. Just peaceful eating on the patio of Mai Thai. Love Mai Thai lunch buffet. Yummmmm. Happy memories, I can almost taste it again ;) If you haven't eaten there, go, run....now! I would but they don't open til 11. So I can finish my post, although you shouldn't be reading it because you should have left when I told you to. Anyways, so we ate delicious gourmet Thai food. The buffet includes, sushi (I know not Thai but they have a sushi bar in their resturant), salad with a delicious homemade peanut salad dressing, fresh fruit, meso soup, then pretty much any type of Thai dish you could want (my favorites are Phad Thai, and the Curry Chicken), followed by deserts: corn pudding and mango rice. mmmmm. Then after eating all this delicious food slowly to savor every peaceful minute we ran out of time and had to hurry back to the babysitter. Shortly after, I met up with my family and we decided to shop. Again, without children cause Aiden fell asleep and Jacob just got off work so he took him home on his way home from the gym. We shopped at Ross, gotta love the deals there...have to dig to find them but they are worth the effort. So I got some short sleeved shirts and some cute jeans. Then we went to On the Border for dinner (wasn't that hungry but 2 of my favorite restaurants-can't pass that up--especially since we've cut our dining out to save our budget) That's right they made me wear a sambraro. The brownie was worth it. Then we ran Aiden home to the babysitter (had to have my little man with me some of the day :)or I'd be sad) and we went to the movies and saw Harry Potter. Fun day; Over too fast. Thanks Lindsey, mom, dad, Rachel, John, Jacob, Aiden, Chris...and all the workers that made my birthday a success. Next year, hopefully everybody will be there again--this time with my painting bro--shout out to Kyle Hall.

2 comments:

tyler family said...

Sweet!! I have been waiting for a mention of me on your blog. Now does this mean you are not ashamed to be my friend? You are really climbing up the old age ladder Becca. I was going wait to tell you this, but you are getting older and you may be getting wrinkles soon. Since I am older than you by a couple years I thought I would give you a heads up. Good luck and God speed.

tyler family said...

Becca, I am wondering if you have simply forgotten about your blog. I keep checking it, thinking maybe you have come to your senses and started posting again. R u feeling blue? Please post soon- K?

Sincerely,

Lindsey